Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Thursday 3 July 2014

Rollers

60min - hot and humid today so little energy for much. Put a load of shims in the shoes to see if it made any difference. The right leg is pretty fixed in its abnormal movement pattern.

Behind the scenes i've been looking into how to address the wobbly crank. A replacement is £500 which I can't really justify. It seems however that you can mix and match campagnolo and shimano equipment to some degree - see www.drivetraincalculator.com so I plan to take the compact crank off my time trial bike and put it on the road bike. Just need to work out the gear ratios now (see sheldon brown)

No comments:

Post a Comment