Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Wednesday 4 July 2012

Turbo

25min warm up
aim was 5 x 5min x 300W x 65-70rpm on 5min recovery
Cool down

Haven't done this session for a while. Did do it back in March when it was my main focus. Looking at the heart rate graph i'm back at that level but for the final two sets I took the watts down so the heart rate stayed at 160 - the fact that it was bloody hard work made it easy to make the decision not to dig too big a hole to recover from.
So the efforts looked like 300, 300, 300, set 4 = 300W for 2.5min and 295W for 2.5min, set 5 = 295W for 2.5min and 290W for 2.5min. Hence the flatter tops to the heart rate.


The 25min warm up was down to position changes - whilst warming up I got some of that post London cycle knee pain so I had to think that through. I felt fairly wonky throughout, the saddle has been creeping up - this is because it's easier to extend your leg a set distance from standing compared to sitting - I think i've overdone it though and this results in a bit of a twist.

Massage
- Very good, really targeted the areas I wanted to.

No comments:

Post a Comment