Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Tuesday 3 July 2012

Swim

The pool is apparently 31m long so distances in lengths

8 x warm up
10 x Single arm
2 x warm up
5 x 10 race pace (1m/sec) on 60sec
4 x side kick
2 x fists
8 x sighting to left and right
2 x cool down

Finally in a big pool. I have slowed down! Set the beeper to 31sec but couldn't hold it, had to move it to 32sec. I think the reason is all that slower paced training for the 10km and the increase in drill work due to the 20m pool at the gym. The strange thing was that I got faster with every set. I think once a fortnight would be enough to keep the pace up.

Lots of right hamstring pain from yesterday - sat in the sauna on the v.hot planks and it's completely gone.
Did some rolling.
The aim now is to alternate days of strength work with stretching as we come up to race time.
Bought some "green tyres" today - it follows from a book I read called "the moneyless man" - they are solid tyres that don't puncture - the plan is to put them on the fixed wheel bike for going round town - I had solid tyres when I was a kid, I hope their a bit better.
Otherwise it's been a day of catching up on paper work. Hope to do a turbo tomorrow, it's taken a back seat since the epic cycle to London.

No comments:

Post a Comment