Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Friday 27 July 2012

Cycle/Swim

Cycled out to the swim start with some of the team. 20km round trip
Swim - 1km in wetsuit
We all had to dip our wetsuits - a sort of sheep dip 


Tried out torpedo style drink system. I know don't try anything new, but the aero-bottle has really started to annoy me. The bottle bounced out so needs some tweaking.
Team briefing:
Bottom line - the bike draft zone will be about 5 bike lengths and there are 50 officials on the course. Could be interesting.
Watched Olympic opening ceremony back at hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment