Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Friday 8 June 2012

Turbo (am)

1hour 150W (easy) with spin scan on - before breakfast to fire up the fat burning

Treadmill (pm)

5min warm up
3 x 20min x 14kmph on 5min recovery
2 x 1min sprints 20-24kmph
5 min cool down

Turbo in the morning was just to wake up really. Last year this "fasting cycling" really made a difference.

I am aware i've not really been doing enough running. It's arguably the most important discipline in Ironman as you can make up loads of time with a solid run. 14kph is more than race pace for me (3hr marathon pace) which I found out in Hawaii. It's a good level for this sort of workout though. On the final 20min I started to get that right bum pain I had in Hawaii - more rolling around on the golf ball needed. The treadmill display said 1200 Calories i'm not so sure.

The final 2 sprints were just to see how fast the treadmill went - there was still more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment