Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Thursday 28 June 2012

Strength and conditioning day

CX works class (am)

Ashtanga yoga class (pm)
Swim - 750m - 200 warm up, 200 one arm drill, Sighting left and right. 

Hard session on treadmill yesterday so hit the gym - bit experimental. 
I haven't tried "CX works" before so was playing catch-up with the instructor for the duration. It's a good way to get the core stuff done certainly felt it in the abs and my single leg squat on the right leaves whilst holding a stretching rubber band leaves a lot to be desired. A bit too focused on the anterior as opposed to the arguably more important posterior chain. 

Yoga - I have no idea what the difference is between the different styles but this was right on the money. Some great twisting type exercises that made me want to go back next time. 

Saw a woman do some funky exercises on some straps called THX she was a bit hard core and ignored my attempt at conversation. Checked it out on Youtube in the morning and had a go in the afternoon - there's a huge potential to do all you'd need to - very impressed. There's lots of scope for embarrassing yourself whilst oddly suspended - something to play with when the gym's empty.

Useful to have the pool there as i'm a big fan of, one arm drill - it's been instrumental in improving my rotation and catch.

Had my food shopping delivered today for the first time - amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment