Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Sunday 27 May 2012

Swim

10km race. Very different from a triathlon start - completely civilised, no flailing arms etc, I think everyone just wanted to stay out of trouble.

The venue at Eton school's rowing lake needs to be seen to be believed. The course itself was 5 laps. Visibility was fantastic - you could follow a rope all the way which gave it a pool swim feel! Took a gel and drink from a pontoon every lap.

I hadn't got a clue what my time was - ended up do 2h 54min. I couldn't have asked for more. I had some pain in my right flank that came and went which I think was from not rotating enough with the right shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment