Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Wednesday 14 March 2012

Turbo (am)

Warm up 10mins
Set 2 x 20min x 260W x 85rpm on 6min recovery
Cool down


I can't quite get my head around the heart rate graph. Being in the high 150s for the last 20 mins is somewhere I never go on the bike - it was surprisingly bearable. I can see now that i've spent all these years building an aerobic base with work in these higher zones pretty much banned (for cycling). The VO2max sessions i've been doing seem to have given me another gear.

Yoga (late evening)

- 30mins of those difficult wrap your leg round your other leg etc, (I was the dork in the class who couldn't do it and kept falling over)
- 30mins of "yin" yoga - basically putting your legs up on the wall - very relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment