Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Friday 23 March 2012

Swim

3.5km - this week's long swim in training for the 10km. It's 9 weeks away. A change of pool in Shrewsbury which is always nice  - 31m so had a few sums to do calculating the distance. Some shoulder ache but manageable. The main challenge will definitely be mental - i've got some waterproof headphones that are still in the packet, maybe time to get them out.

I don't talk too much about diet - today, after my swim I had proper fish and chips and didn't want anything else all day. I'm starting to think the little and often has its drawbacks!

No comments:

Post a Comment