Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Friday 16 March 2012

Run
9km In the near barefoot vibrams. I'd forgotten how good it feels to run in these. I seem to have pulled a muscle in my left leg. The plan to go to the track was postponed.

Core
Stopped off on the run and did 30min + some eccentric calf work for the achilles + shoulder exercises.

I've found a good training guide for swimming 10Km by the Outdoor swimming society. It's 10 weeks away and the advice is to add 500m a week building up to 8Km maximum.

No comments:

Post a Comment