Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Thursday 15 March 2012

I did a presentation today for some John Lewis employees (they are actually called partners - as it's a cooperative) at Marylebone physiotherapy. They are going back to the departments they work in to champion running in an attempt to get all the staff fit for the olympic year.
The main thread was sports psychology and techniques you can use to enhance performance. When I tidy the blog up i'll put a link to it. 

Swim

3.4km (with 1.5km of tumble turns, a new best for me)

I thought i'd up the distance seeing as the 10km swim is in 10 weeks. I'm not sure what sort of training I need to do for this, especially what maximum distance to do beforehand. 

Sally said the yoga must be working as my usually rubbish legs were apparently "perfect"! It's nice to have some encouragement. 

Yoga

"yoga monks" session! Again the dodgiest person there was yours truly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment