Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Friday 9 September 2011

Turbo
15min warm up
60min at 220W 80-90rpm
Run
15min to gym
6km at 14km/hr 1%incline
Sauna
20mins
Run
Slow run home

I'm really glad I got the early night last night. About 8hours uninterrupted sleep - the best for 6months! It's a good reminder to listen to the body.

Today's session went well. A big focus on race pace. The bike position aero and saddle wise is now feeling good. Still trying to get the legs feeling keyed in - a lot comes down to concentration to be honest - remembering to keep the knees from migrating off course. A lot comes down to warming up too - it seems to take a good half an hour.

I had a few concerns with the right calf following Sunday's 10km - it didn't get any worse as the session went on.

Had a telephone call from a local friend to say there was an article in the paper - Mum will like it.




No comments:

Post a Comment