Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Monday 5 September 2011

Sauna
30mins - 1min break at 20mins - hard work today

Swim
2km just doing what I felt like
500m at 60/min
Paddles, PT paddles, Single arm, Butterfly.

Looking after Will and George all day - we had a lot of fun. Appointment at physiotherapy for George in the morning. He tried to do some of the yoga moves he gets from me - very cute.

It's the first day using the calorie counting app! It's been a bit labour intensive but hopefully it will get quicker as it remembers what you regularly eat. Here's today's summary;
5 calories less than maintenance, and 572 calories from exercise = total deficit 577

It goes on to say this will mean a weight loss of 75g a day or 2kg a month. More will be revealed. It's uncomfortable writing about this as I find it a bit embarrassing - but you do go faster the lighter you are up to a point.

No comments:

Post a Comment