Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Sunday 28 August 2011

Swim
3km
500m warm up
5 x 500m all at stroke rate of 60/min using the wetronome 4th set was with paddles.

I'd go as far as saying this was the best swim i've ever had! I don't do much work on stroke rate. The first couple of sets were hard and felt fast then it all became really easy and the rhythm felt great. Putting paddles on helped to correct my hand entry and improved the catch on the final set. I tried to eliminate the dead spot at the front of the stroke by focusing on my hand not stopping. Each lot of 20 lengths seemed to fly by (for once)
I'm keen to do more of this as it's a sea swim coming up which suits the higher stroke rate.

Sauna
30mins (1 break at 22mins)

Gardening - moved about a tonne of soil today - I would have run today but my back was a little overworked and didn't want to do anything stupid. I thought a swim was the best option.

No comments:

Post a Comment