Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Monday 20 June 2011

Swim

10x 50m Catch up
200m easy free front quadrant
300m easy shoulder width catch up, pull buoy
10 x 50m on 20sec high elbow finger trail catch up
700m free, pull buoy. (did some with band round ankles)

Ella came as we have her parents staying so they could look after George and Will - she's a bit of a swim star. Apparently my hand position is good when doing catch up but not so good when i'm not. Something else to think about.

Listened to a great interview with Matt Dixon today who coached Ryan Hall to a 2.04 marathon at Boston this year.
The main point was thinking about performance as four equally important pillars;
1. Training
2. Nutrition
3. Recovery
4. Functional strength
Most of us get too caught up in how much training we've done and forget about the others. My weak area is functional strength I think - may do a bit more of this (carefully I hope)

No comments:

Post a Comment