Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Sunday 5 June 2011

am Run

30mins with some drills
Sauna 30mins

pm Turbo

15min warm up
Set 4 x 25min x 220Watts x 85rpm on 5min (2hours)
10min cool down

- Really hard to motivate myself to train this evening. Back from the conference, emotionally testing. Jumped on the turbo expecting to get off after 10mins and go to bed. Music really helped and after 20 mins or so felt pretty good so did what I thought would give me a good training effect.
- It's time to get specific in the training so i'm trying to find what this year's race pace intensity is. This comes pretty close heart rate wise.
- position wise reasonable comfortable but not in the aero position - this is the next thing to move towards. I've put a longer stem on the bike to improve the handling but i'm at too much of a stretch, unfortunately will have to go back to where I was.
- Really valuable session motivation wise

oh nearly forgot - passed a shop that had fish in it that eat the dead skin off your feet. Gave it a go, video to follow.


No comments:

Post a Comment