Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Friday 25 June 2010

Lots going on today as off to a weekend conference on Cri Du Chat - the condition my son George has.

Managed to get in a 90min cycle and also had a video analysis of my running; http://www.runningschool.co.uk/ They are offering a free 30 minute session to people from my running club so I thought there's no harm in that.
Needless to say there were lots of things that they pointed out. Over striding - left more than right. hip dropping on the left. Not using arms enough. Not cycling the foot behind me past about 6'o'clock.

I think they have quite a lot to offer, whether I want to start changing things this close to a race is another matter, maybe for next season.

There is one problem with all these technique type coaching set ups and that is - do people have great form because they are fast or does the great form make them fast? For running it's been shown that as you get faster your stride etc becomes more like the professionals anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment